The School Community Council encourages communication between parents, employees and administrators. It encourages all to be involved in establishing and implementing educational goals for students. Our School Community Council meets the second Monday of each month from 11:30-12:30 as indicated on the school calendar.
Our school plan funds additional personnel for tutoring and support, updating and supplying additional technology for student use as well as opportunities for ongoing teacher training and staff development. Several programs, including Aleks, Myon, and Waterford have funding set aside in our Trustlands Plan. We are so grateful for these additional resources for our students!
Developing a School Improvement Plan (SIP)The School Community Council (SCC) plays an important role in partnering in the education of our children with the school, its staff and faculty and the district. The following information is from The Shared Governance Handbook. The SCC provides a "cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions" within the school. Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by the Utah law includes:
- Developing the School LAND Trust Program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a school professional development plan
- Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school)
- Advising and making recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community environment for students
- Developing a reading achievement plan.
For more information please refer to the Nebo School District Board Of Education Policies and Procedures Section K: School - Community Relations
Members and Roles
Current and Past Plans
Current TSSA Plan
Minutes and Agendas