2340 W Harvest Pkwy Mapleton, UT 84664
(801) 489-1800 fax: (801) 489-1819
food-service: (801) 489-1816
March 13, 2020
NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT TO DISMISS SCHOOLS
As directed by the State of Utah, all public schools in Utah will dismiss beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, for two weeks in response to COVID-19. This is a proactive measure.
School “dismissal” means that Nebo employees will continue to be in the schools providing learning for students through online instruction and/or educational packets to continue student learning. Further communication about devices and materials will come from your school.
Educators in Nebo School District are working on plans to extend learning at home through online learning opportunities. The first of next week, teachers will be preparing online materials, and we anticipate instruction will begin Wednesday, March 18.
More information will be made available to explain the details of the online platform as teachers use this time to prepare. Please watch for specific information from your child’s school and teacher(s).
MEALS FOR STUDENTS
In order to provide our Nebo students with “Grab and Go” meals, breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase at normal prices. Free/reduced meals are available for those who qualify.
• The school proactive dismissal for two weeks is meant to support social distancing and self-isolation to reduce the reach and spread of this virus. There will be no athletic or extracurricular practices or games during these two weeks.
• COVID-19 has rapidly changing dynamics and the school district administrative team is working with local health authorities to monitor the situation on a daily basis.
• Nebo will continue to publish updates at www.nebo.edu.
• For further communication and specifics, contact your local school.
• The Utah Health Department COVID-19 Hotline can be accessed at 1-800-456-7707. You can also receive Utah County Health updates by texting “UCHEALTH” to 888777 or the Utah County COVID-19 Helpline at 801-851-HELP (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
Shadow Mountain is a Nebo District sponsored camp for 5th grade students and runs May 28 thru July 1. The cost of the camp is $100 which covers all costs. More information and media is available on the webpage at shadowmountain.nebo.edu. To register, go to shadowmountain.nebo.edu. Click the registration page tab and the appropriate button. The password to enter the Eventbrite system is ShadowMt2020.
Please plan accordingly for the 1/2 day scheduled this coming Tuesday. School will dismiss at 12 pm. PM kindergarten will attend on this date (but during the regular morning session as AM attending last time). Thank you for making arrangements for this schedule change.
We are excited to meet with parents regarding student progress and setting goals for 4th Term! Please schedule your appointment with your child's teacher using the provided link. Should you be unable to meet during the available times, please contact your child's teacher to set up an individual appointment.
Mrs. Richardson https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090F4BAAA828AAF94-march
The other second grade classes will be participating in walking report cards. For these student-led activites, please arrive between 3:30-5:00 OR 6:00-7:00 with your student. These will run approximately 15-30 minutes depending upon your child.
Spencer If you have additional questions or concerns please contact Miss Spencer for a separate appointment.
Yesterday, third graders at Maple Ridge were bubbling with excitement as they created bar graphs and pictographs to help guess the gender of Mrs. Olson's baby. Mrs. Sandberg's class voted 22 for boy and 4 for girl. Mrs. Olson's class also had boy outvoting girl with a tally of 19 to 12. Unfortuntaley neither class was correct and Mrs. Porter's class was left feeling triumphant with an overall vote of 24 for girl.